Monday, March 29, 2010

Aspiring to Success

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog. Today I wanted to share with you a little bit about myself. I am a military spouse and a proud mother of 2 of the most wonderful children.

I also served honorably in the armed forces for about 3 years before I was honorably discharged due to a service connected disability. It was painful for me to be let go. It felt like my heart was being ripped out. I was in essence FIRED, and this had never happened to me before.

Have you ever been so down about something that your world just didn't make sense anymore? That is how I felt. I sank, and began to spiral out of control.

When I found out I was pregnant, I was afraid. My fear (for lack of a better word) caused my body to treat my unborn like a virus and I grew very sick. I was in and out of the hospital and started to gain weight as a result of the sickness and the stress.

To sum it up my son was born via c-section and spent roughly 2 weeks in the NICU (Natal Intensive Care Unit) due to complications in the pregnancy.

It was the lowest point in my life. I looked into his little eyes and held his little hands and I cried. Had I failed as a mother? I had already failed as a military member. Would I fail as a wife as well?

With some guidance and support I began to find my inner strength and set out to learn how to Aspire to Success. Success in all areas of my life. I was determined to never fall as far, or feel as low as I had during this time.

It took me 3 years to fully understand what aspiring to success really meant.

I hope you enjoy reading my stories and my poetry as well as finding out how I went from living in despair to living in peace.

I would like to leave you with this poem today:


Choices

Choices that you make in life can determine
what you will become and who you will be defined as.
Each decision takes with it its own responsibility.

Each act bring upon itself the just reward.

Whether the act was of kindness, or of chaos
Th results will be inevitably be met
Think carefully about what you may decide
For turning back is a gift that only a few
will receive.
And if you may be one of the fortunate ones
Do not take for granted the honor of being
able to change that road
For that honor may not be graced upon you again.
And the next time you may not find yourself so fortunate.
So think carefully before you make your choice.

Each time you decide a piece of history is being created.


*****************
Till next time.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment