I won't normally make two posts in one day but I wanted to clarify something. Part of aspiring to success is learning when to ask for help. After my son was born I had fallen into a deep depression. I was isolated from my family and friends and my husband was working long hours so I had a lot of time alone with my thoughts.
I had gained a lot of weight and could not seem to make any progress towards my goals. My son was so small and fragile it was hard not to blame myself every day. It took me going to the brink of losing everything to realize that I needed help.
After getting some help I began to establish daily goals for myself. Nothing too overwhelming, just something that I could use as a guide to measure my personal success. Whether it be to write a new poem, or call a friend, or go online and make a new friend. As long as I would set a goal for myself each day, each day I could have something to be proud of.
Somedays were harder then others so I would make my goal to not yell, or to cry only once. Others days it was to make sure I said "I love you" at least once that day. For a long time saying "I love you" was the only thing I had the strength to do. Let me tell you though, those three words are the most powerful tool I have ever seen.
As I told my son how much I loved him and told my husband I loved him before he went to work everyday, I found myself slowly starting to dig myself out from my own sorrow.
My child smiled for the first time and I was there. I told him I loved him and he smiled. Could you imagine?
The goal was simple, challenge myself each day. Small challenges at first, increase them, and decrease them as needed. Make a new dish, clean a different area of the house, write something, go somewhere, etc.
The sucess I found was an inner peace. I am grateful for this peace.
Here is another poem:
My heart
If I wait to see tomorrow
Would I find what I had lost?
If I filled my soul with sorrow
Would I pay the bitter cost?
But hope and love would see me
Past this bitter time
For my heart is filled with passion
For the one who blew my mind
Give myself
Give my heart
Give my mind, body, and soul
Give my life
Give my choice
Give it all if love is so
From the beginning to the end
If we start then stop again
If we move before we speak
Or say words before their spoken
If we stop before we see
Or fall before we open
the key to find the way
the way to things forgotten
a feeling full of moments
moments full of time
time never forgotten
the past leaving behind
For the one who blew my mind
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment