Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When it all comes tumbling down

I am going to backtrack a little bit and talk to you about my teenage years. Not all of them, just the last one. The year it all came tumbling down.

When I had turned 18, I lost my grandmother to diabetes. Before she had started to get really sick I had been planning and preparing for applying to UCLA. After, I had decided to stay closer to home.

She passed on and I was devastated. More so then I would have thought I would be. My grandmother was like a mother to me. She was the person who I trusted would be there for me no matter what. When she was gone I struggled. I had been active in a church at the time and the only solace they could provide was that the Lord knew what He was doing.

I became angry. Angry at everyone and everything. Especially angry at my maker. I had decided some of the best years of my life and he took away my rock.

There was a boy I had grown to care for. I would even venture to say I loved him though we never even kissed. I could see in his eyes he loved me too. When I walked away from the church, he felt I was walking away for us. He never spoke to me again. I looked back only once at what I was walking away from.

My world had come tumbling down. In a moment I had lost everything that was dear to me.

Have you ever experienced a loss of everything that you held dear? Once it was all gone, my brother who was my best friend moved away, and everything else seemed to fade.

I left. When it call comes tumbling down that is when you have to start to rebuild. I could have let it destroy me, but I didn't I pushed through. Today, I live with no regrets. Life, is not always going to work out the way you had planned. It is how you choose to live when it all comes tumbling down.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment